Thursday, August 5, 2010

BP2_ iGoogle Screenshots



This is the home tab of my iGoogle page. It took some time to find a Facebook gadget that would work on my page. I haven't used twitter in a very long time. I set it up with an email address that I only seem to use for spam collection these days. It's amazing that I could remember the password!




Here is my FSO tab on the iGoogle home page. I have been wary of Linked In. Once when I did a Google search of myself, this popped up. I'd prefer not to be that accessible. So I've made this profile unavailable for public searches. Please contact me through email or iChat if you need to be added to my contacts list.







I posted two screen shots of the AR/CBL tab on the iGoogle page because I want you to see why there is nothing in the diigo gadget. DCA Business wanted me to log in in order to access this gadget. I tried every email address and username/password combination I could think of to no avail. I searched to find out how to set up an account with DCA Business to no avail. So, I am unable to get the diigo gadget to work. Also, when I do go to this tab, the pop-down login screen harasses me the entire time I am on the tab. If anyone has suggestions about how to get into this gadget, please let me know.









This is a screen shot of the ETC tab on my iGoogle home page.










International Community School uses a Google server for our email services. It is one of the best decisions our tech department has ever made! We've cut down printing copies significantly by sharing forms on Google Docs. You are looking at a screen shot of my home page when I log into the system at work. The "start" page is our iGoogle page. I can use it to chat with colleagues directly from the home page and tell if there is email that needs my attention. I can see my todo lists for the day and calendar obligations as soon as I sit down at my desk.


I set up a Facebook page especially for professional contacts. I allow students, their parents and colleagues that are not close personal friends to join this profile as friends. I am able to access it (usually - it's acting up tonight) directly from the social networks tab on my iGoogle home page. I can see fund raising opportunities that affect my school as well as post pics of the kids at work. It's nice to have this kind of contact with parents. It's also nice to be able to hide my personal profile and keep these worlds separate. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment