Sunday, August 29, 2010

BP14_GoogleSites

I have really been working on this website, and I feel like all the hard work that I've put into it is going to help manage the school year better than ever! I added new information this week, and I'm going to continue to do so. I've created an 'Important Information" page where I've uploaded my syllabus and schedule. I thought that parents might like to see the information. They should be able to download these documents by visiting the site.



Under the 'Important Information' page, I added a rubric for writing so that my students will have easy access to my expectations. I found a student friendly writing rubric on Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators, and I modified it a bit so that my students might better understand it. I plan to teach the rubric to them so that I can answer any questions about vocabulary they don't already know.



And finally, I've decided to let the kids start a blog to display all of their work, much like what I'm doing right now. I want them to have a place to display their media projects where parents and also students that we may be connecting with through ePals will be able to see it. I am really looking forward to this year. I hope that my students benefit from all this work as much as I think they will.




Shrock, K. (2010) Discovery School's: Kathy Schrock's guide for educators. Retrieved August 29, 2010 from http://school.discoveryeducation.com/schrockguide/assess.html

No comments:

Post a Comment