Monday, August 23, 2010

BP12_Google Sites

I've finally found time to start my classroom website. Fortunately for me, our school uses Google to host our gmail. Although we don't have access to everything Google at work, we do have access to iGoogle, Google Docs, Google Mail, Google Sites and Google Groups. I chose to use Google Sites to create my classroom website that I'll be using with my AR project this year. Here's the home page of the website.




I embedded a youtube video that I created on www.xtranormal.com. Here's the video.



I had to put the burp in to make sure the kids were paying attention. :) I plan to change the animation with each assignment. Xtranormal's animation site is very easy to use, and I feel confident that my students will have a blast working on this project. I will have the first assignment outlined by next week. I anticipate that the students will need to spend 2 to 3 weeks on it. I'll post their assignments to the website to showcase their work.

So far this is what the assignment pages are looking like. They are subject to change, as this is a work in progress.



I initially thought that I'd have to link out to a discussion board hosted by another site until I started creating this website. As I built the pages, I thought that the students would be able to leave comments, but soon realized that this may only be a feature for the owner of the site. I still have some exploring to do, and I will post as I continue to create this site this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment