Sunday, August 29, 2010

BP13_GoogleSites2

I had to change the cartoon because the animated character's skirt was too short to pass with my school's administration. So here's the new video.



AND here's a screen shot of my new homepage. This is only the top part of the page. I started to plan out how the assignments will develop over the year. Click here to see the site and check it out for yourself.



I've been busy this week writing my syllabus, and planning how this semester will unfold. I hope that my plans so far will fit into the AR plan, as I'm finding it challenging to keep everything straight. It's neat how creating the website that will steer my students through their assignments is helping me to organize my thoughts and plans. I think it helps to have had such a good example with Full Sails educational management through the online system. I hope that I've kept everything simple enough for my third and fourth graders.

I will have to make sure that the students in my program have email addresses on the Google Educational server that my school uses. They will only be able to log into the discussion boards with it. I used Google Groups to create the discussion boards for both third and fourth grade. Currently, I will be starting them with a simple question about how they feel about these changes. I also plan to create a Google Form to assess their learning interests and styles. When the student clicks the link on the home page to answer the question, he is redirected to Google groups where I have already prepped the board with a question. All they have to do is pick the question to answer, click reply, and type their answer.




I am really getting excited about all of this, and I hope that the students are motivated by it's novelty and technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment